This screen is displayed by default when the app starts, or by tapping Invoices in the Easy Invoice menu. The screen lists all your customers and the amounts they owe you. From this screen, you can:
- Enter new sales.
- Enter payments you have received.
- Enter credit notes.
What else can I do?
The Invoices screen provides a single location where you can carry out all customer-related tasks. In addition to the above, you can:
- Add new customers.
- Modify customer details by tapping ((mark.png)).
- View all sales, payments and credits for a selected customer.
- View all sales.
- Generate PDFs of sales invoices, delivery notes, receipts and credit notes.
- Mark sales as "PAID".
What happens when a sale, payment or credit is entered?
- Sales: A sale increases the amount a customer owes you, but does not affect your bank balance until a payment is made. To receive payment, tap the sale shown in Listing Transactions.
Tip: You can view all sales that relate to a specific customer by tapping the customer. You can view all sales for all customers by tapping All Sales.
Payments (from customers): In the context of customers, a payment is an amount of money received from a customer. When you enter a payment, you specify the account (normally a bank account) in which you will receive the income.
A payment reduces the amount the customer owes, which in turn affect items such as the Customer Aged Debt report. A payment does not further affect your sales income and therefore other related items such as the Monthly Breakdown report.
Credits (to customers): A credit decreases the amount a customer owes and your income. It has the reverse effect to a sale.
For details of how to carry out tasks in the Invoices screen, please refer to: